The Field Serviceable Cassette (FSC) design enables you to remove the axle (as in our FSA hubs) and easily perform maintenance on both the hub bearings and the Phil freehub body mechanism. Our freehub body is available in 8,9,10 and 9, 10, 11-speed Shimano compatible. The axles are precision ground to 15 mm in diameter. The hub shells use a unique Hi-Lo flange configuration enabling better balanced spoke tension.
All disc brake hubs use the international standard 6-bolt rotor mounting pattern.
- Phil Wood offers the following types of hub:
- ROAD, freewheel and cassette rear options
- TOURING, freewheel and cassette rear options
- TANDEM, 6-bolt disc brake and drum brake options
- MOUNTAIN, standard and 6-bolt disc brake options
- KISS-OFF (single-speed) mountain, standard and 6-bolt disc brake options
- TRACK, single-fixed, double-fixed, fixed-free options
- BMX (freewheel)
- Our hubs are standard high-polish aluminum, but are also available in the following colors for an up-charge:
- Gun Metal
The spreadsheet covers wheel specs for hubs produced in 2008/2009. Please make sure your hub measurements are compatible.
Below are instructions for servicing our hubs. You can either download the pdf files or use our pop up guide.
HOW TO: Service your Cassette Hub (pdf)
HOW TO: Service your FSA Hub (pdf)