SQUARE TAPER BOTTOM BRACKETS
All of our threaded bottom bracket cups will fit onto any of our bottom bracket cartridges produced by Phil Wood since 1971. They are an interference fit with the BB, and will require our proprietary Phil Wood BB installation tool to install. Cups will ship with a small tube of our retaining compound.
- We offer bottom bracket cups in these sizes:
- British (1.370 x 24 tpi, RH/LH thread) in stainless steel and alloy
- British E-Type (1.370 x 24 tpi, RH/LH thread) with wider drive cup and LH lockring in stainless steel
- Italian (36mm x 24 tpi) in stainless steel and alloy
- French (35mm x 1mm) stainless steel
- Swiss (35mm x 1mm, RH/LH thread) stainless steel
- Raleigh Super Corsa (1.370 x 26 tpi, RH/LH thread) stainless steel
- Chater Lea (1.450″ x 26 tpi, RH/LH thread) stainless steel
Our British and Italian anodized alloy cups are Teflon impregnated, providing compatibility and both aluminum and titanium bottom bracket shells. All our cups are made from either stainless steel or a high tensile strength aluminum bar.
Cutting taps used to produce the bottom bracket thread in both the frame and our cups leave microscopic hairs and cracks in the thread form. We hand polish our cup thread to all but eliminate galling between our cups and the bottom bracket thread.