Our cups (also known as mounting rings) are sold separately from the bottom brackets and are available in all the threadings (British, Italian, Raleigh Super Corsa, French, Swiss, Chater Lea and T47). Extended cups with a left-hand lock ring are available in British threading for use with E-Type derailleurs or to hold a bracket to mount a chain guard. Occasionally, when British threads are damaged, mechanics have been known to salvage the frame by tapping the damaged side for Italian threading and installing an Italian cup on that side. Phil Wood cups are also available in singles to accommodate these issues.
BOTTOM BRACKET SPECS
The Phil Wood spindle diameter is 17 mm, and uses our unique cupped flats for crank arm retention.
- We offer the following bottom bracket cup threadings (all cups are sold as a set and include thread retaining compound):
- British (1.370 x 24 tpi, RH/LH thread) in stainless steel and 7075 aluminum
- Italian (36mm x 24 tpi) in stainless steel and 7075 aluminum
- French (35mm x 1mm) stainless steel
- Swiss (35mm x 1mm, RH/LH thread) stainless steel
- Raleigh Super Corsa (1.370 x 26 tpi, RH/LH thread) stainless steel
- Chater Lea (1.450″ x 26 tpi, RH/LH thread) stainless steel
- T47 (47 x 1 tpi, RH/LH thread) 7075 aluminum